Sunday, March 9, 2014

Avery's 1st Haircut

At almost 2 1/2 years old I decided it was time for Avery to have her first haircut.  She has been so lucky to have been born with a head full of hair and not lose it.  She didn't have that awkward balding baby phase or the mullet toddler phase.  BUT she has a super sentisitve head and that doesn't mesh well with crazy toddler table manners with sticky foods.  Does anyone else know the feeling of having to be so careful putting your two year old in a car seat with out getting her hair stuck in the chest plate? Seriously? It's a lot of drama.  Now of course I didn't get much cut at all, a trim is more like it, maybe an inch.  I knew from daily hair brushing and getting her hair fixed she would not be a happy camper getting a haircut, so I decided a kid friend over priced placed would be the best thing for us for this "first timer."  We tried talking it up on the way and the closer and closer we got the more tears and complaining I heard from the back seat.  To hear a two year old say they want to "go home and go nite-nite" you know they are not happy campers.  
Waiting....She may or may not have peed through her diaper and on to daddy's lap b/c she was so scared. 
There was a little boy getting his hair cut when we walked in so we had to wait, which I think ended up being a blessing in disguise because by the time it was our turn she warmed up to the joint and was more curious and not so much scared to death afraid of things.  She took right to "Miss Amanda" and did exactly what she asked.  I just knew I was going to have to sit with her in the chair and hold her, but she didn't need me at all.

Looking a little worried, but no tears

checking herself out in the mirror


"Ms. Amanda" asked her to get down and stand on the floor to get the front of her hair and she did exaclty what she said even "looking up" or "looking down" when requested.  I was very proud of my big girl.



The biggest shocker for me was that she let "Ms. Amanda" blow dry her hair.  She never lets me do this, so I'm going to have to ask again because she could totally rock a blown out look.

FINALLY the smile :)
All that was left was the finishing touches and a cute little pink hairbow tied to a bobby pin for my little princess.



AND of course an over priced kid friendly place comes with a prize at the end.  Sweet!!!  Afterwards we walked to Harris Teeter to pick up a few things and get a cookie reward.

see what I mean about the blow out? Perfection!!

No comments:

Post a Comment