Wednesday, January 26, 2011

4 Weeks- We're preggers :)

With the new modern tests out today women can find out very early into their pregnancy if they are pregnant.  I've taken many tests in the past couple months to know what a negative result looks like. So,  when I saw the faintest of faint lines I knew something was different about this test.  Of course like most women I immediately took another one to confirm what I thought I saw.  The next couple of hours before Joe got home from work (I was home because of snow) felt like an eternity.  As soon as he walked in the door I made him look at the tests.  We put them under the light and squinted until we we felt crosseyed.
I was still unsure what this line really meant, so I emailed Meghan, a good friend of mine in Ohio, because she recently had a baby and had taken many pregnancy tests.  She immediately called me out and said "you're knocked up girl."  Her advise was to get a digital test because there really was no guessing with these.  They read "pregnant" or "not pregnant"!  Pretty straight forward. Friday night I went out and bought the test and waited until Saturday morning. I woke up early Saturday morning and as you can see from the picture below we were definantly preggers.  When I showed Joe the test I think the first thing he said was, "what time is it?"  Understandable considering it was around 6:00 am.  Once his eyes adjusted to the light he was able to read the test.  Obviously neither one of us could go back to sleep after that. 

That was such an exciting day because we drove to my parents house, now known as GG and Pop Pop, to tell them the news.  I bought my mom  a "brag book" and put the picture of the pregnancy test inside. She didn't quite know what it was, but once I told her she was exstatic as was my dad.  Later we drove to Grammy's house to tell her and we called Courtney on the way home.  I think Courtney might still be crying about the news.  It just so happened that we were going to Charlotte that night for my friend's 30th birthday party, so we were able to see Alex and Dre' Saturday evening to tell them.  We had a nice brunch with them Sunday morning to give them more details.

Monday was MLK day, so I was off work which was perfect for me to be able to go to the doctor for blood work.  The doctor said my hormone levels were great and they didn't see any reason to worry and not come in before the traditional eight week appointment.  That was a great feeling, but it is still a scary time of development. At this point I still felt great and could only hope for the best and take care of myself and our little one.

2 comments: