Sunday, April 28, 2013

Easter

Avery had her 1st egg hunt at a local park my girlfriend Mandy put together.  Avery and Mandy's son, Carson have played a lot together and it has been so cute watching them grow up and change so much this year.  Carson is a pro egg hunter.  Avery was more interested in playing on the playground.  Note to self: don't do an egg hunt with toddlers on a playground.
I like this pink one

quick family pic

Much needed juice break after egg hunting!!!
Oh, I found one!!

We spent Easter weekend in Swansboro this year with Joe's family.  The weather was beautiful  but a little windy so we didn't make it to the beach.  We have all summer for that.  Avery is rockin' her adorable Easter dress made especially for her from her awesome Aunt Teezy. She is very talented and crafty with her sewing machine.  I'm lucky if I can sew a button on without it falling off after two minutes.  I ordered Avery's Easter basket from Pottery Barn Kids last year, but it didn't make it in time for Easter last year because I had to sent it back because of a defect.  So I was very glad to have it ready for her this year.
She was still a little unsure about this whole egg hunt business, but once she figured out there was candy inside the eggs she was on a mission.  Every egg she picked up she had to have a piece of what was inside. Instant gratification, I guess.








my sweet Easter bunny

We didn't color eggs until we came home from the beach that weekend.  I told myself she was too young to even know Easter was already over.   We has a perfect evening coloring eggs on our back porch.  Daddy did a great job too!  One of my favorite memories about Easter when I was little was eating deviled eggs at my Ninny's house that were dyed.  There was always a little color that crept through the shell and I thought it was the neatest  things.  So of course I made deviled eggs that week with our dyed eggs as well.  Sadly, we didn't paint any ceramic eggs this year.  Easter was so early this year I wasn't prepared.  I still love the tradition of painting the eggs and definitely plan on painting some next year.  Or maybe we will even do some this summer.  Why not?  Here's a link to last year's egg painting. 











don't eat it

 





all done!










No comments:

Post a Comment