Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cupcakes and Polkadots... Part 1 The Decor on a Budget :)

I tried not to go "all out" and spend too much money, so I started planning and purchasing things for her party this summer.  Pinterest was a great help in gathering ideas and tweaking them to my liking.

Here we go...

Smash cake made with a cupcake tin I got as a gift a couple years ago. 
Cake stand from Williams-Sonoma we got as a wedding gift.
Only cost was cake mix and icing :) I always suggest Funfetti!!!

 Treat bags filled with cupcake themed items I found at Wal Mart and Target in the teacher section or dollar section this summer/early fall.  I used scrap booking letter stickers that I've had for years and never used.

The cupcakes I actually purchased from a fabulous baker friend Natalie Lee of Custom Cakes by Natalie.  BUT I did make the cupcake decorations.  One of my crafty friends let me borrow her circle cutter and I used scrapbook paper I already had in my stash in the basement.  I splurged a little on the cupcake and candle stickers at Target.  Probably $3.00 or $4.00 a pack, but they were great colors and added the perfect amount of bling.

 The smash cake/cupcake table were fished off with adorable candy bar wrappers made by my talented and crafty Aunt Toni. 



Pictures of my precious baby girl in colorful frames I bought many  a few years ago when everything in my house was bright and colorful and "young."



My favorite Pinterest project!!!  How adorable is the #1 sign created with some of the 101 free prints I got from Shutterfly.


Who has a party without balloons.  Well, forget paying $12 per dozen of helium filled balloons that will lose their air two days later. My aunt turned me on to the fabulous idea of buying these balloon sticks from Hobby Lobby. They were used in several places around the house and the best part is I made several of the "center pieces" a week in advance and they still looked great the day of the party.
h


THE BANNER
Love this one too!!!  I bought this on Etsy becasue let's face it, I'm craft, but I only had sooo much time on my hands.  I decided I'd rather spend a few dollars than waste a few hours that I could be spending with my baby.  Not to mention it was the beginning of the school year and extra time was just not available.

This tub was quickly filled (along with the sofa table and floor) with all kinds of household items to donate to the Ronald McDonald house.  I plan on taking Avery there to drop off our donation sometime next week.  My friends and family were soooooo generous with their donations. 


The adorable highchair bunting made by my Aunt Toni. Along with a fun party hat and bedazzled bib.

Another use for some of the 101 free prints from Shutterfly.

Of course I served Cupcake wine at my child's 1st birthday party.

Other random decorations purchased at Party City.

AND let's not forget the drinks and food

No comments:

Post a Comment