Friday, August 17, 2012

Lovin' Summer

And the tears begin to swell...

I can easily say this has been the best summer of my life.  Not because I went on an exotic vacation or won the lottery, but because I got to spend countless, wonderful weeks at home with my baby girl.  She has changed so much from my 1st day of summer vacay 'till now.  She wasn't even crawling and now she is on the verge of taking her 1st steps.

We've played in the pool and the ocean.

We've gone on numerous shopping excursions to Target, Babies R Us and the grocery store.  She loves to shop just like her mama.

We've read tons of stories, sometimes skipping a few pages or reading it backwards, but it still counts right?

We walked laps and laps around the house holding fingers.  My favorite thing is when we're walking and she looks up and give me a huge "teethy" smile.  It cracks me up every time.

We learned to dance listening to Elmo songs on YouTube and Toddler Tunes on Pandora radio. This lil' girl can drop it like it's nobody's business.

We went from eating baby food to now trying all kinds of good table food like chicken nuggets, pasta, and all kinds of fruit and veggies.  Her ultimate favorite right now is blueberries.

We've taken TONS of pictures and videos to share with all our friends and family.  Even those who probably don't care to see her every day, oh well, they can delete me if they'd like.

Poor Zoe and has spent the entire summer trying to avoid a hair tug or ear pulling.

We've snuggled every morning after finishing the 1st bottle.  We've even spent days in our PJ's playing all day long.

We've sat in front of the door and waved "bye-bye" to daddy and sat by the door and squealed and giggled when he walked in the door from work.

All of these things have meant more to me than anything else I could have done this summer.  These are the days I will cherish more than anything and I know will never get them back.

As I drop her off Monday morning I hope she has the best time playing with her new friends, but I secretly hope she doesn't forget about me and I hope she looks forward to Mommy picking her up at the end of the day.

I hope it's harder for me than her. 

Mommy loves you Avery :) 
Okay I need a serious tissue here...

No comments:

Post a Comment