Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Avery's Homecoming

Saturday, October 8th can easily be characterized as one of the best days of my life.  Avery was discharged from the NICU at 3:00pm.  We thought the discharge process was going to take a while and we estimated we'd be home around 5:00.  I was shocked to see myself walking out of Forsyth Hospital at 3:30 with my precious baby girl.  Aunt Toni stayed with us to capture this momentous occasion on film.  Like most moms, I rode home in the back seat next to Avery.  She slept the entire way.  I bet she was confused when she woke up to a quiet house without the beeping of machines like she was used to from the NICU.  She had a wonderful 1st night at home and continues to be the joy of life every minute of the day.  I cannot imagine my life without her.  Funny how something so little can change your world in so many ways.












1 comment:

  1. Love the one of her in the crib. Looks like she's singing! Cuteness!

    ReplyDelete